Our 2017 season of festivals is over – you can find all the award winners, photographs and reviews on this website and we look forward to seeing you all again next year!
2018 Festival Dates:
The One Act Play Festival: TBC
The Young Actor of Mann: First Round – TBC / Final – Wednesday 4th April
The Easter Festival of Full Length Plays: Saturday 31st March – Friday 6th April
The Manx Amateur Drama Federation was formed in the 1940s and the Easter Festival of Full Length Plays was started in 1950.
The first festivals were held at the Palace Theatre, Central Promenade, Douglas. This was part of the Palace Hotel site and world famous Palace Ballroom. The festival was later transferred to Easter and the Frank Matcham Gaiety Theatre, Douglas. We have now held 63 full length festivals.
The Manx Amateur Dramatics Federation is open to all amateur drama, operatic, musical and play groups in the Isle of Man and Associate Members. We are affiliated to the National Drama Festivals Association (NDFA) and the National Operatic and Drama Association (NODA). We also organise the One Act Play Festival in February and the Young Actor of Mann, in addition to the Easter Festival of Full Length Plays.
We hold regular meetings where we discuss subjects that concern all theatre users such as child protection policy within the theatre, insurance for societies and user agreements for theatre and arts venues.
- Foster the development of the art of theatre
- Stimulate cooperation between member societies
- Educate the public as to the benefits of all aspects of Amateur theatre
- Provide training in the art or profession of acting, stage management and other areas of technical theatre
- Represent the views of the member to IOM Government and the Arts council.
- Promote live theatre through the Easter Festival of full length plays, One Act festival of plays and the Young Actor of Man Competition.
Image by www.emma-weaver.com