- Do you love theatre?
- Would you like to help our long running festivals continue and grow?
- Would you like to help attract new people with a love of theatre to the Isle of Man?
We are always looking for people to help with the wide range of tasks that festivals and groups of this nature require.
Some examples of work you can get involved with:
– Marketing: Creating artwork, passing out leaflets, coordinating with suppliers.
– Social media: Writing blog posts, creating content for and updating the website, writing Facebook and Twitter posts.
– Photography: Attending festivals, lunches, green rooms, etc to take pictures and uploading them to Facebook and the website.
– Sponsorship: Finding companies to provide sponsorship to the event.
– Backstage work: painting sets, finding props.
– Finance: Helping the treasurer, applications for grants.
– Coordination: Communicating with visiting teams, looking after visiting guests.
There are many other jobs, and probably many ideas we haven’t had as yet – we welcome your suggestions and any offers of help, no matter how small! Many hands make light work.
- You will see many plays, youth performances and their adjudication by a GoDA accredited adjudicator.
- You will get to meet many people who are interested in the theatre, so it’s a great social and networking opportunity.
- For those looking to go to University, they love to see extracurricular activities on applications, so this would be a great chance to enhance your skill set and experience.
- For those looking to improve employable skills, the chance to try something new in a less high pressure environment.
- For everyone else – learning a new skill is fun and great for keeping the brain sharp.
- Being a part of a long running Manx festival.